The Alpha Course is a 10-week series of talks about key issues of life and the Christian faith. Each session consists of a video talk followed by a group discussion. There is also a weekend get-away about half-way through the course.
Alpha was developed by Holy Trinity Brompton Church in London in 1977. It has since grown to an International Course conducted in over 100 countries at more than 28,000 locations.
Talk titles include:
– Christianity: Boring, Untrue and Irrelevant?
– Who Is Jesus?
– Why Did Jesus Die?
– How Can I Be Sure of My Faith?
– Why and How Should I Read the Bible?
– Why and How Do I Pray?
– How Does God Guide Us?
– Who Is the Holy Spirit?
– What Does the Holy Spirit Do?
– How Can I Be Filled With the Spirit?
– How Can I Resist Evil?
– Why and How Should We Tell Others?
– Does God Heal Today?
– What About the Church?
– How Can I Make the Most of the Rest of My Life?